Your gift of membership ensures that our work will continue so that our children and grandchildren will be able to share the stories of their ancestors with their own children.
The Jewish Historical Society of Michigan is Michigan’s only institution dedicated to preserving, sharing and celebrating the Michigan’s Jewish history. Membership donations help JHSM continue to:
- Present award-winning Settlers to Citizens Youth and Adult Tours of historic, Jewish Michigan.
- Educate religious school students through the JHSM Traveling Trunk Youth History Curriculum.
- Share nostalgic memories through the JHSM Virtual Tours of Historic Jewish Michigan.
- Preserve the important stories of Michigan’s Jewish communities and residents through articles published online and in Michigan Jewish History.
- Present programs, lectures and exhibits throughout the state that further our mission to share and celebrate Michigan’s Jewish history.
- Maintain more than a dozen historical markers throughout the state of Michigan, a partnership with JHSM and the Michigan Historical Commission.
- Collect the cultural history of the state through the JHSM Yearbook Collection which now numbers in excess of 1,800 yearbooks.
Become a JHSM member today and take advantage of these membership benefits:
- Discounts to our tours and events which bring Michigan’s Jewish history to life.
- Be the first to know about exciting special events such as J-Cycle, an annual bicycle tour program.
- Receive Michigan Jewish History, JHSM’s annual journal which covers a gamut of Michigan’s history.
- Tap into JHSM’s website and our newly launched digitized index and collection of journals, dating back to 1960.
Click here to become a JHSM member or call our office, 248-432-5517
The Jewish Historical Society of Michigan Heritage Council
The JHSM Heritage Council helps ensure the future of the Jewish Historical Society of Michigan through large gifts and bequests. Heritage Council members become life members of the Jewish Historical Society and receive our annual journal, Michigan Jewish History, discounts to our events and tours, special recognition and an invitation to our annual Heritage Council member event. Heritage Council member names are published twice annually: in Michigan Jewish History and in the Annual Meeting Program. All donations made by Heritage Council members are cumulative.
Joshua Legacy Society
The Joshua Society is comprised of JHSM members, friends and associates who have made arrangements to leave JHSM a charitable bequest. Joshua Society members are part of the JHSM Heritage Council and will receive special recognition in JHSM’s donor publications. By leaving a planned gift to JHSM, you are demonstrating your commitment to JHSM’s mission and future by create a lasting legacy…from generation to generation….L’dor v’dor.
To inquire leave a planned gift or a bequest to JHSM phone our office at 248-432-5517.